Tuesday, September 8, 2009

His Presence.

I've always been thankful for the people who've come in and out of my life. I've realized how absolutely blessed I am to have such major impacts on my heart.

Lately, life here at Point Loma has felt a little lonely. It's really hard being around so many people and not knowing where I fit in, especially, coming from places where I knew exactly where I stood. It was nice knowing a handful of people before coming into Loma and rooming with one of my best friends, but its still been... different. Every time someone familiar walks past they ask me the same question, "How are you doing?" I continue to give the same answer... "good." I wonder what my answer would be to, "How are you doing, honestly?"
With all of these different feelings the one thing I needed was just silence and prayer. Even though it was past 10, I decided to leave Nease to find a quiet place to write and pray... I went and sat in front of a cross that over looks the ocean, with Nease still in sight. I stayed in that same spot until about 1 a.m. I wrote a lot and prayed even more, but mostly I just listened. After an hour or so I started to realize how comfortable I was sitting there. This place is so beautiful and enriched with His presence. I put my head down to pray and I heard a guitar playing in the distance. I continued to pray and the sound got closer, the melody reminded me of, "On This Beautiful Night" by Urban Rescue. The lyrics began to drown my thoughts... specifically,

"Now it seems I'm all alone

Sailing far away from home, out on the ocean

On a wave against the tide

You placed Your hand in mine so I could see."

And

"Looking up into the sky

The tears fall from my eyes, out on the ocean

Like a fire in the dark

You broke my world apart so I could see

On this beautiful night..."

I don't want to lie and say that everything is great now and that I'm fully developed to this new life. However, I'm starting to understand so much more about my faith. God is here, and He's holding my hands through all of this. You may wonder how I'm getting all of that through some random guy walking by playing his guitar... but that's not the point. It was the words that overflowed my mind and the weight that seemed to melt of my shoulders. The reminder of His grace and how He will continue to work and live in all of us. God gives strength to face this life and this campus definitely advocates that power... I Love it. I know I'm supposed to be here and I know that He will continue to challenge and mold me.

In the mean time, I will continue to let Him guide me and I will remember that I'm not the only one who feels this way. (Thanks Jess.) This campus is so beautiful and refined, it is truly amazing and every where I turn I am reminded of his works. Seriously, I wake up to this EVERY morning.


Yes, I have an ocean view as a freshman!

<3 Sharon.



No comments: